Friday, March 10, 2017

Actor - Kemery Ball - KP1 Studios stage combat /stunt class

Kemery's blog



Stunt Class at Fulton Film Company
Last week I arrived at what I thought would be my normal actors’ workout. Little did I know I would end up beating the crud out of my acting coach and loving every minute of it! Don’t get it twisted; I don’t have a mean bone in my body.



Instead of our normal class that night we had a stunt/fight scene class. I learned to punch, slap, and kick someone on camera without connecting. I also learned how to take a beating for the camera safely.


There were three girls there that night. First we all practiced the basics of fighting on camera with coach Kp Phagnasay. Then after practicing George and Kp of Fulton Film Company scripted a fight scene and then from there it was on! The scene was set; Kp was a robber who had broken in to the studio. The three girls were there to defend their territory. We all had a weapon.



The three of us huddled around Kp ready for battle. My weapon of choice, coat hangers! Yep, I can hook a mean ear with a pair of coat hangers. We each took our turn giving Kp a beating. Then after he was hurting we turned the lights off and he got slammed to the floor.



Wow, we had way too much fun giving KP a beat down.


We were having a ball. We did the take over and over again, but never once was it boring. Each time we did the scene we got better at it, until we were in a sort of dance until the end of the scene. We laughed between takes and watching ourselves beat Kp on camera.


We were so wrapped up in our scene we barely noticed George Ohan rolling on the ground and jumping through air to get the perfect shot.

This class was amazing. I never thought I would enjoy on screen fighting. I look forward to more stunt and fighting classes at Fulton Film Company and I would highly recommend you give it a try.
Kemery Ball, 11 years old, actress, singer, dancer


No comments:

Post a Comment